Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR-(CDS)WOODWORKS 5221R (New Lenox, IL)
Location: New Lenox, IL
Program or Services: Community Day Services (CDS), New Lenox Woodworks
Schedule/Shift: M-F; 8am-4:30pm
Under the leadership of the Director of Adult Services has the administrative and program responsibility for a Community Day Service program (CDS). Assumes daily responsibility for the management of all program activities including staff supervision and habilitation/treatment oversight. Ensures a safe and-clean environment; works to maintain a positive work atmosphere.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and supervision for all employees and program participants assigned to the program.
- Is involved in recruitment, evaluation and scheduling of employees.
- Responsible for establishing program policies and procedures that result in high quality services including self-determined employee measures of program outcome.
- Conducts weekly team meetings; shares necessary information; maximizes communication opportunities and practices.
- Supervises the development of Individual Service Plans as needed; ensures that Service Plans goals and objectives are being carried out.
- Completes necessary monthly program reports and documentation; implements Agency policies and procedures as well as establishing program goals and objectives.
- Ensures program compliances with local fire and safety ordinances, maintains applicable Program certifications.
- Coordinates the activities of the developmental training program with other Agency programs including supported employment and residential services.
- Responsible for knowing, articulating and demonstrating Agency values and principles.
- Is responsible for suggesting ways of improving Program and Agency effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Must be comfortable working in a production woodshop environment and adhere to all company policies.
- Must feel comfortable running a small business
- Bachelor's degree in social service or human service field.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; be able to communicate clearly, serve as an outstanding roll model for employee and program participants.
- Is able to establish measures of program outcome and evaluation.
- The physical activities for this position involve balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, lifting of woodworking projects.
- Experience in custom woodworking environment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches renderings to produce shop drawings.
- Solid understanding of materials, hardware, and wood working construction methods.
- Must be skilled in the operation of standard wood shop tools.
- One year or more of managerial experience
- One year or more woodworking experience
- One year or more of experience working with people who have intellectual disabilities.
Contact: Send Resume to Laurie Ferfecki at email@example.com