Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Program Specialist 5221R (Des, Plaines, IL)
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Program or Service: Network 7
Schedule/Shift: Full-time; M-F 3-11 p.m. or 4 p.m.-midnight with two weekends a month
Description: Make a difference! Be a part of clinical team that assists people with developmental disabilities to flourish! The program specialist is involved in providing treatment or assisting with goal attainment for people who have a developmental disability or mental illness in such domains as personal care, recreation/leisure, vocational, home/household, and/or community awareness and integration. The program specialist will develop a strong command over the concepts of positive psychology, complete required readings, and participate in continuing education in their area of specialty as assigned.
- Provides behavioral coaching to a person who has a developmental disability or mental illness in assigned treatment areas
- Completes progress reports and other necessary forms or documents
- Participates and interacts with individuals in various activities as specified in Individual Service Plans and Social Transition Plans
- Consults with Behavioral Analyst and Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional concerning appropriate goals, objectives, and treatment techniques
- Assists in the development and execution of goals and objectives for people served
- Makes suggestions for improving Organization and Program effectiveness and efficiency
- Completes a monthly report reflecting Program Specialist intervention
- Completes an annual report, that is assessed quarterly to track progress
- Assists with development and implementation of age-appropriate and functional training materials
- Responsible for working with supervisor in the development of an individual plan of personal growth and development
- Transports persons served to and from appointments and activities as needed
- Complete initial and ongoing medication training; administer medication at multiple locations
- Works with independent living coaches in encouraging their professional growth and knowledge
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified applicants must have their bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field.
Contact: Email resume to Laurie Ferfecki at email@example.com