When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares.
Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ongoing opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of others.
Independent Living Coaches are the backbone of the organization. They work to provide direct supports to people with disabilities, helping them realize their personal goals and fully participate in their communities. No other staff position has as much of an opportunity to directly impact the quality of life of people who are served at Trinity.
What does an ILC do?
- Work to ensure the health, safety and happiness of the people they serve
- Provide individualized assistance and coaching regarding personal care, meal preparation and leisure activities
- Assist people in community involvement, skills training and vocational development, as requested.
What are the job requirements?
- Enjoy working with people
- Have a valid driver’s license or state ID
- Pass a background check and drug test
- Pass a basic skills reading test.
How can you apply? Choose from any of these options:
- Click here.
- Call 815-485-6197.
- Email your resume to email@example.com.
- Or, stop in to the office location nearest to you. Evening and weekend interviews are available upon request.
After your application has been reviewed, an on-site interview can be scheduled at your convenience, at the office nearest to you. Evening and weekend interviews are available.
Upon joining the Trinity team, ILCs receive extensive formal and on-the-job training on working with people with disabilities and mental illness, enabling them to serve people who live in Trinity's group homes, as well as people who attend Trinity’s Community Day Services.
To start a meaningful and fulfilling career where each day brings the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life, APPLY to become an ILC in a variety of Illinois communities.
*Benefits vary for full-time and part-time staff.
Do you know someone who would be a great fit as an Independent Living Coach at Trinity Services?
Share this page with them, or CLICK HERE for a printable tri-fold about the position.