Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Clinical Responder 5221R (Orland Park, IL)
LOCATION: Orland Park, IL
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: varies- includes some nights and rotating weekends
SALARY RANGE: $40,000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responds to on-call requests for in-person consultation from the partnering police departments
● Conduct mental health, criminogenic and violence risk assessments on-scene
● Assess and provide counseling services as needed while a person is in detention
● Participates in regular multidisciplinary team meetings and Partnership Group meetings
● Makes appropriate referrals for individual’s and family’s psychological and psychosocial needs and follows-up to identify if services were accessed.
● Assists with service records, data collection, and statistics.
● Participates in clinical supervision weekly.
● Works closely with police departments and other community entities (such as Silver Cross and Palos Hospitals).
● Attends court proceedings as requested and prepares related documents
● Collaborates with other MCRU members and participates in weekly team meetings. .
● Assists with monitoring programmatic goals and outcomes, continually adapting to meet or exceed them.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
● Completion of a Masters Degree in the field of psychology, counseling or social work
● Completion of QBS safety care training, CPR, and First aid (upon hire).
● Experience working with people who have the diagnosis of a mental illness or mental illness and a co-occurring substance use disorder.
● Bi-lingual in Spanish, Arabic or Polish preferred
● Reports directly to the Program Director
● May receive clinical supervision from a Licensed Clinical Therapist
SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
● Considerable knowledge of the techniques and principles of child and family development, family systems theory, individual, family, behavioral therapy (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), crisis focused interventions, and other evidence based practices.
● Considerable knowledge of community resources
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies
● Ability to diagnose under supervision using the DSM 5.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL CONDITIONSOR REQUIREMENTS:
● Respond to scene as needed.
● Rotating On Call responsibilities
CONTACT: Laurie Ferfecki at email@example.com