Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the agency, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Community Support Services Counselor (Lockport, IL)
- Location: Lockport, IL
- Schedule/Shift: Varied; Requires flexibility and evenings
- Salary Range: $32,000-$36,000
- Description: The Trinity Services—Behavioral Health program provides counseling, skills training, individual and group therapy, and residential services designed to support individuals who have mental health needs.
- Responsibilities: Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting individuals during medical and psychiatric appointments
- Assisting individuals redevelop independent living skills, such as teaching individuals how to cook healthy meals, clean, do laundry, etc.
- Facilitating community support groups
- Helping individuals navigate insurance and other benefits
- Assisting individuals learn how to effectively communicate with others
- Providing outreach to community resources and maintaining relationships with these resources
- Completing documentation in a timely manner
- Helping individuals develop healthy coping skills to help them better manage their symptoms
- Completing assessments, such as MHA’s, individual treatment plans, LOCUS, DLA, etc.
- Participating in meetings, such as trainings, professional development, team and agency meetings, etc.
- Providing crisis intervention to an individual when necessary
- Working as a team and consulting with coworkers to best support the individuals and provide effective continuity of care
- Traveling from various locations within the community and meeting with individuals in their homes
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Counseling, or other human services-related degree program is required, along with eligibility for or licensed as LSW/LPC or LCSW/LCPC in the state of Illinois being strongly preferred
- Have experience working with an adult population providing case management, psychotherapy, counseling, skills training, community support, and coaching in the areas of mental health, substance use, and/or homelessness
- Must be well organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to approach problems proactively and with a solution-oriented focus, effectively work independently and as a member of a team, and be willing to work with a diverse population, including families
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of Illinois
- Contact Information: Jillian Newstat, (815) 485-6197, email@example.com