Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Director of Shared Living (New Lenox, IL)
Title: Director of Shared Living
Location: New Lenox, IL
Schedule/shift: Full-time; 8:30am-5:00pm M-F
Description: The Director of Shared Living oversees the Trinity Services Shared Living. What is Shared Living? The Shared Living program provides people who need supports with the opportunity to live with families who are interested in sharing their homes and lives. Trinity Services contracts with an individual or family who is responsible for providing direct supports for up to two people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. The household may consist of up to six people including the two persons with disabilities. The Director of Shared Living manages the day to day function of the Shared Living program which includes insuring all residential sites are in compliance with agency, local, and state regulations.
Below is a list of the primary duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Compiles and tracks required monthly documents
- Reviews and inputs approved records, including billing for services into the agency’s electronic platform
- Obtains all material related to all shared living contractors, including but not limited to; training, state required documents, quarterly documents, monthly site visits, respite forms, and billing documents etc.
- Negotiates and writes new contracts and yearly contractor contracts
- Advertises and markets for new contractors
- Interviews and hires new contractors
- Collaborates with each department regarding their Shared Living sites and the quality of services provided
- Participates in any annual or special meetings related to the people served in Shared Living
- Performs quarterly site visits on each of the Shared Living sites
- Oversees 37u tracking, funding, and payments
- Ensures certification of all new sites according to state regulations, which includes but is not limited to coordinating with DHS and local fire marshals and the State Fire Marshall.
- Ensures that all homes, and required paperwork, is maintained in accordance with local and state regulations
- Maintains the Shared Living program so as to comply with state and federal survey processes and outside accreditation standards
- Oversees all aspects of the agency’s in-facility respite program
- Performs other duties and companywide projects as assigned by the Director of Administrative Operations
Minimum Qualifications: Prior experience working with or supporting people with disabilities, knowledge of person centered thinking, and a commitment to implementing strategies in support of that mindset. Person must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a human services field. A graduate degree is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications: Graduate degree in a human service field
Contact: Email resume and Letter of Intent to Amy Youngberg at firstname.lastname@example.org