Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Job Coach (Joliet,IL)
Location: Joliet, IL
Program or Services: Hempstead; Network 6
Schedule/Shift: Weekdays and weekends; with flexibility for some nights and weekends.
Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Employment Services, the Job Coach assists individuals who have been placed in various jobs within the community. A Job Coach works with the Job Developer to help to facilitate positive employment outcomes for individuals seeking employment, helping identify their skills and goals and working with them to continue learning and enhancing skills within the workplace. The supports and services provided will be done in a dignified, respectful and professional manner.
- Promote a work environment that respects those we serve and always treats them with dignity and respect.
- Provide detailed feedback to Job Developers and Director on client progress in their day-to-day work activities and expectations.
- Assist clients with self-advocacy and self-esteem as they navigate the world of work.
- Document strengths and areas of need for clients as they are working.
- Coach clients on job retention techniques such as asking for their schedules, keeping track of time, increasing work pace, and building appropriate peer relationships.
- Maintain client progress notes and provide them to Job Developers in a timely and professional manner prior to each billing period.
- Be open to new experiences and techniques to assist clients to succeed at work.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, coworkers, and their supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Experience preferably in Social Service, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Email and Internet.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Maintain a current CPR and First Aid card.
- The physical activities for this position involve: balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Contact Information: Aleksei Hon, firstname.lastname@example.org