Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Joliet, IL)
Program or Services: Network 5 Trinity Living Centers
Location: Joliet, IL
Hours per pay period: Full-time; Hourly
Schedule/Shift: Rotating schedule, every other weekend off, 12 hour shift 7a-7p
Description: Under the direction and immediate supervision of the Trinity Living Center Program Director, provides nursing services for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, in accordance with the needs of each individual being served. The ideal candidate will work closely with the physician and the Interdisciplinary Team, to ensure the best possible health services for every participant. Administers medication and treatment for injuries, illnesses, and implements the nursing care plan for individuals. The LPN is responsible for maintaining accurate and current health records for each program participant, in accordance with all policies and regulations.
- Administers and accurately documents the medication to participants according to the physicians’ order, policies, and regulations.
- Monitor medication administration and accurately document for the individuals who are able to self-administer medication (if applicable).
- Performs individual self-medication programs and documents results.
- Administers medical treatment to individuals according to physician orders, and arranges for specialty clinician attention as needed, including scheduling appointments, communicating with hospitals and doctor’s offices, and coordinating with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Participates as a member of individuals’ Interdisciplinary Team; provides input for each individual’s program and service needs. Prepares annual report for QIDP.
- Assists the physician in evaluating each resident’s health through examination, direct observation and input from staff or the individuals’ family members and friends. Has continual communication with the physician regarding resident’s health services.
- Implements the individuals’ health care plans, and accurately maintains and documents in the individual health record; this may include physical assessments, tracking of clinical visits, physician orders, injury, illness, and/or additional information that is relevant for each participant.
- Maintains the medication area has the proper supplies, is clean, orderly, safe and in compliance with policies and regulations, at all times.
- Monitors and maintains pharmacy orders, laboratory orders, and clinical testing. Communicates information with the Interdisciplinary in a timely manner.
- Monitors the upkeep and maintenance of adaptive devices (i.e. wheelchairs, walkers, braces, etc.) for each individual. Will coordinate with the QIDP to obtain adaptive devices, as necessary.
- Seeks opportunities for self-improvement, reads relevant clinical materials, shares ideas and suggestions with Trinity colleagues.
- Seeks training opportunities to ensure the current understanding of medical knowledge.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires Illinois License as a Practical Nurse. Possesses excellent human relation skills; shows patience and kindness to the individuals we serve.
Preferred Qualifications: Basic computer skills required.
Contact Information: Jillian Newstat, (815) 485-6197, email@example.com