Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Orland Park, IL)
Location: Orland Park, IL
Program or Service: Living Room
Schedule/Shift: Varies; 40 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
Trinity Services is seeking a full-time Mental Health Counselor to work within its new Living Room Program. The Living Room Program provides services to those experiencing a mental health crisis. The counselor will ensure that important program functions and objectives are met. He or she will also perform clinical tasks; for example, assessment of individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. Applicants must be able to work collaboratively with team members and guests of the living room. Flexibility is required with respect to work schedule. Some evening and weekend availability is also required for the position.
ABOUT TRINITY SERVICES
Trinity offers a positive work environment where staff members receive recognition for their talents, outstanding work, and discretionary effort. In addition, ample opportunities to grow and flourish are provided.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE LIVING ROOM PROGRAM COORDINATOR:
• Assists in executing functions of the Living Room Program
• Ensures that data regarding program objectives is collected
• Ensures fidelity with the Living Room Program model
• Provides support to guests experiencing mental health crisis
• Conducts clinical assessment that includes assessment of risk factors
• Works with the team to take appropriate action when high-risk indicators are present
• Assists guests in identifying strengths, recovery and wellness goals, and barriers; and determining recovery and wellness interventions based on his or her life goals
• Recognizes and reports progress participants make toward meeting objectives
• Attends relevant seminars, meetings, and in-service trainings whenever possible.
• Conducts outreach
• Conducts follow up with Living Room guests
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Master’s degree in field of Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology, or a related field.
• Clinical Licensure (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, etc.) is preferred, but individuals with a Master’s Degree and relevant experience will be considered.
• Experience with crisis intervention and suicide risk is required.
• Familiarity with the Living Room model is preferred
• Able to work collaboratively with a team and to problem solve
• Able to promote good staff relations and morale
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Sit, 76-100% of the time.
• Stand, walk, 11-40% of the time.
• Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, bend, reach in front of body, 11-40% of the time.
• Lift up to 25 pounds.
• Ordinary speech and hearing, 76-100% of the time.
• Visual acuity of 20” or less or 20” or more.
• Simultaneous use of Hand, Wrist, Fingers, 76-100% of the time.
Contact: Laurie Ferfecki at email@example.comAPPLY NOW