Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Mental Health Counselor - Homeless Support Team (Joliet, IL)
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Homeless Support Team
LOCATION: Joliet, IL
SCHEDULE: Full time; M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Mental Health Counselor performs a variety of duties as part of the Homeless Support Team. Responsibilities would include: maintaining records to keep in compliance with HUD requirements, conducting program eligibility assessments, assisting with tracking and maintaining intake inquiries and other program statistics for grant monitoring and reporting, contributing to grant writing and policy and procedure development, monitoring and updating case files for audit, completing mental health assessments and treatment plans, meeting with people for individual and family therapy, as well as conduct life skills development and employment coaching with program participants. Reports to the Director of the Homeless Support Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completing program eligibility intakes and keeping in compliance with HUD regulations.
- Attends team meetings and communicates regularly with co-workers regarding the status of people enrolled in the program
- Maintains intake and participant data in order to stay in compliance with HUD regulations.
- Completes the Illinois Medicaid Comprehensive Assessment of Needs and Strengths and develops treatment plans
- Meets regularly with caseload for individual and/or family therapy
- Participates meetings with community partners as needed
- Assists participants in obtaining benefits
- Offers life skills development to program participants
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Master’s Degree in social work or counseling is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, is able to take initiative and communicate Trinity’s mission and values.
- Requires strong organizational ability, superior communication skills, and very detail-oriented. Position requires someone who is skilled in meeting deadlines and has excellent time management.
Contact Information: Email resume to Laurie Ferfecki; email@example.com