Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Property Manager (Villa Park, Northlake, Lombard, Lockport, IL)
Location: Villa Park, Northlake, Lombard, Lockport, IL
Program or Service: Behavioral Health
Description: Under the direction and immediate supervision of the Residential Coordinator, manages multiple properties designed to offer independence for people with disabilities. Supervises janitorial staff, works closely with the Community Support Team in assisting individuals in obtaining and maintaining independence, and represents the Agency in leadership and administrative activities. Ensures a decent, safe and sanitary environment according to HUD and IHDA standards.
- Maintains waitlists for multiple properties in various counties in accordance with Tenant Selection Plan, Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Regulatory Agreement.
- Screens potential candidates for tenancy verifying income, assets, rental history, background, etc.
- Completes necessary documentation for certification and re-certifications in a timely manner in conjunction with local Housing Authority or other Subsidy Administrator. Keeps files organized and up to date
- Maintains standards in all aspects in accordance with Fair Housing and all federal, state and local regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring a decent, safe and sanitary environment.Coordinate with janitorial staff in order to maintain cleanliness of the building.
- Coordinate with Trinity’s maintenance team and outside contractors for necessary repairs as needed.
- Collects and delivers rents and security deposits.Ensures compliance with lease, attending meetings with tenants and clinical staff, writes and delivers violations as needed and works with lawyer regarding evictions.
- Conducts monthly inspections of each unit.Coordinates physical inspections conducted by Housing Authorities, HUD and IHDA as they occur.Coordinates regular inspections of elevators, sprinkler systems, etc.
- Participates in Management and Occupancy Reviews and File Reviews with IHDA.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of applicable reports and records in a timely fashion.
- Assumes responsibility for tracking items such as furniture inventories, payment agreements, etc.
- Communicates with parents, guardians, staff, visitors, community agencies, etc. in a professional and courteous manner.
- Functions as a member of the Trinity Leadership Team; is actively involved in Community Living Program and Agency-wide committees and task groups; works with other Trinity staff members in developing and suggesting events and system improvements, anticipates potential problem areas, and communicates any identified problem areas or concerns to the Residential Coordinator.
- Recommends cost-saving techniques.
- Responsible for budgeting and purchasing of cleaning and office supplies.
- Monitors the appropriate use of supplies and material.
- May provide or arrange for transportation of individuals to and from recreational, social, work or similar activities and medical or other appointments.
- Seeks opportunities for self-improvement, reads relevant clinical and management materials, shares ideas and suggestions with Trinity colleagues.
- Works closely with the clinical team in order to assist the tenants in maintaining their housing.
- Attends trainings to gain and maintain necessary knowledge and certificates in order to understand the rules and regulations of permanent supportive housing.
- Must be willing to travel between all locations regularly and be available for emergencies after business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or equivalent preferred.
- An understanding of the causes of mental and developmental disabilities, and habilitation or intervention techniques used with persons who are disabled is required.
- Possesses excellent human relations skills and is capable of planning, organizing, and carrying out community-based habilitation activities as well as developing and providing education and direction to assigned staff.
- Requires the knowledge, skill, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences.
Contact Information: Liane Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org