Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Recovery Support Specialist (Orland Park, IL)
Location: Orland Park, IL
Program or Service: Recovery Support Specialist
Trinity Services is seeking a Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) to provide services within a Living Room Program. The Living Room provides a comfortable homelike environment designed to assist persons experiencing mental health crisis. Visitors to the Living Room are referred to as guests. The RSS will play a key role, providing support, promoting recovery, and working collaboratively with other Living Room staff to help guests develop an appropriate action plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST:
- Provides support to guests experiencing mental health crisis
- Facilitates development of an appropriate plan of action that will ensure the safety and comfort of those in crisis.
- Utilizes and teaches techniques for problem solving, identifying and combating negative self-talk, identifying and overcoming fears in both one-on-one and group settings
- Promotes participants’ use of self-directed recovery tools
- Assists guests in identifying strengths, recovery and wellness goals, and barriers; and determining recovery and wellness interventions based on his or her life goals
- Is a role model for effective coping techniques, self-help strategies, and self-care
- Recognizes and reports progress participants make toward meeting objectives
- Supports guests in creating a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) or Peer- to-Peer plan
- Attends relevant seminars, meetings, and in-service trainings whenever possible and apply this information to current RSS techniques
- Is aware of and works with the team to take appropriate action with high-risk indicators
- Supports guests in developing empowerment skill through self-advocacy to combat stigma
- Conducts outreach
- Conducts follow up with Living Room guests
- Lived experience as a consumer of mental health or substance abuse services
- GED or higher education
- Public speaking and communication skills
- Experience either as a consumer of or facilitator of groups
- Ability to utilize computer for service documentation
- Teaching skills, non-judgmental personality, and empathic listening skills
- Valid driver license / current automobile liability insurance including uninsured motorist coverage
- Current CRSS or desire to pursue CRSS state certification
- WRAP Certification or Desire to pursue WRAP Certificate
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks
Contact Info: Melissa Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org