Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Recovery Support Specialist/Community Engagement Specialist 4021R (Orland Park, IL) (Joliet, IL) (Wilmington, IL) (Crete, IL)
Location: Orland Park, Joliet, Wilmington, Crete
Program or Service: Recovery Support Specialist/Community Engagement Specialist
Schedule/Shift: Varies- sites are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Trinity Services is seeking a Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) to provide services as part of a Mobile Crisis Response Team. The RSS in partnership with a Mental Health Professional, will respond in person to mental health related crisis calls in the community. The RSS will play a key role, providing support, promoting recovery, and working collaboratively with other staff to help people supported to develop an appropriate action plan.
ABOUT TRINITY SERVICES:
Trinity offers a positive work environment where staff members receive recognition for their talents, outstanding work, and discretionary effort. In addition, ample opportunities to grow and flourish are provided.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST:
• Provides support to people experiencing mental health crisis
• Facilitates development of an appropriate plan of action that will ensure the safety and comfort of those in crisis.
• Utilizes and teaches techniques for problem solving, identifying and combating negative self-talk, identifying and overcoming fears
• Assists participants in identifying strengths, recovery and wellness goals, and barriers; and determining recovery and wellness interventions based on his or her life goals
• Is a role model for effective coping techniques, self-help strategies, and self-care
• Attends relevant seminars, meetings, and in-service trainings whenever possible and apply this information to current RSS techniques
• Is aware of and works with the team to take appropriate action with high-risk indicators
• Conducts outreach and assists in connecting to resources in the community
• Lived experience as a consumer of mental health or substance abuse services
• GED or higher education
• Public speaking and communication skills
• Experience either as a consumer of or facilitator of groups
• Ability to utilize computer for service documentation
• Teaching skills, non-judgmental personality, and empathic listening skills
• Valid driver license / current automobile liability insurance including uninsured motorist coverage
• Current CRSS or desire to pursue CRSS state certification
• WRAP Certification or Desire to pursue WRAP Certificate
• Ability to pass pre-employment background checks
• Sit, 76-100% of the time.
• stand, walk, 11-40% of the time
• .Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, bend, reach in front of body, 11-40% of the time
Lift up to 25 pounds
• Ordinary speech and hearing, 76-100% of the time
• Visual acuity of 20” or less or 20” or more
• Simultaneous use of Hand, Wrist, Fingers, 76-100% of the time
CONTACT: Send resume to Stephanie Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org