Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Residential Supervisor (Entry-Level) 5221R (Joliet, IL)
Location: Joliet and Surrounding Areas
Program or Service: Residential Networks
Schedule/shift: Full-time; some weekends.
Impact the lives of people with disabilities. Lead a team of people that are passionate about helping others flourish. Positive Emotions. Engagement. Relationships. Meaning. Achievement. Vitality. Do something great! Curious?
Our residential supervisors are known as Team Leaders. The information below captures the overall job description.
Under the direction and supervision of the Network Director, the Team Leader supervises and guides all individual community and home activities. The Team Leader supervises all staff assigned to the home, participates as a member of the Community Support Team in the development and completion of assigned implementation strategies (flourish plans), and represents the organization in leadership and administrative activities. The Team Leader also ensures a positive home environment. A critical component of the Team Leader’s role is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of individuals served in order for all to live full and abundant lives.
Some of the primary job duties include:
- Provides complete oversight and supervision for two or more twenty-four (24) hour or intermittent community residential sites, which includes on-call responsibilities and, at minimum, two late nights per work week and one weekend a month; each site requires supervision to up to two (2) or more full-time Independent Living Coaches (ILC);
- Reviews Independent Living Coach applications and interviews potential candidates for the Independent Living Coach position;
- Provides recommendations to the Network Director regarding hiring, firing, promoting, and evaluation of Independent Living Coaches within the supervised homes;
- Delegates responsibilities to two (2) or more full-time Independent Living Coaches;
- Functions as a member of the Trinity leadership team; is actively involved in the network and organization-wide committees and task groups;
- Responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for program participants and employees; which includes completing necessary checklists and initiating any necessary maintenance requests;
- Provides for the full and consistent on-going implementation of each participant's implementation strategy (flourish plans) and, if applicable, behavior support plans;
- Instructs and carries out written implementation strategies and behavior support plans;
- Encourages individuals to engage in community activities and events, individually and on a small group basis;
- Monitors the implementation of medical and special dietary needs of each program participant across all assigned home(s);
- Works collaboratively with the staff at Community Day Services and/or Supportive Employment in seeking growth for program participants;
Minimum Qualifications: Minimally has a high school diploma or GED. Valid driver's license required. Additional qualifications include: balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, pushing wheelchairs, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Preferred Qualifications: It is preferred to have experience, training, and knowledge in behavioral sciences. Supervisory experience.
Contact Information: Laurie Ferfecki at email@example.com