Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Shared Living Contractor (Des Plaines, IL)
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Position: Shared Living Contractor
The Shared Living program provides people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with the opportunity to live with families who are interested in sharing their homes and lives.
Trinity Services contracts with an individual or family who is responsible for providing direct supports for up to two people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. The supports provided will vary based on the level and type of supports and care needed by the individuals with disabilities.
Trinity Services provides support and guidance to both Shared Living Contractors and persons served, and helps ensure positive relationships are maintained. Contractors are matched with people in need of services based on everyone’s needs and preferences.
This is a contract position. Contractors are compensated through a generous, tax-free stipend.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the person in working toward his or her life priorities
- Building a strong, supportive relationship with the person
- Building relationships with the guardian and family members of the person served
- Transporting the person to his or her job, day program, medical appointments and other places, as requested
- Assuring that the person is provided all necessary medical and dental care
- Assisting the person in self-administering his or her medications
- Providing nutritious meals
- Providing 24-hour supervision
- Maintaining necessary documentation
- Assisting with personal hygiene, as necessary
- Providing opportunities for indoor and outdoor recreation
- Shopping for clothing, personal items and other things, as the person desires
- Assisting the person with his or her finances
- Maintaining a clean and safe home that follows regulatory requirements as specified by the State of Illinois, and participating in the survey process
- Supporting individual religious and cultural beliefs and practices
- Participating in monthly monitoring visits at the home, as well as periodic team meetings.
This is an entry-level position that does not require previous experience in the disability service field.
- Pass background and fingerprinting checks.
- Own or rent a home, but accommodations can be discussed.
- Own a vehicle that is sufficiently insured, and have a clean driving record.
- Have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete required trainings upon contract
Trinity Services, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that provides the highest quality, person-directed services and supports to people with disabilities and mental illness so that they may flourish and live full and abundant lives.
Contact Information: Jill Schneider, firstname.lastname@example.org and Aleksei Hon, email@example.com