Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Special Education Teacher 4021R (New Lenox, IL)
Location: Mokena, IL
Program or Service: Trinity School
Schedule/Shift: M-F 8:00-3:30pm
Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,000
Description: Trinity Services Inc. is looking for a special education teacher for the high school and vocational classrooms. Trinity is a non-public therapeutic school that serves students with developmental and intellectual disabilities. It is the school's purpose to develop the children's potential so that they may be able to function as independently as possible in the community.
- Develops the IEP goals and objectives for all the students in their class.
- Plans and delivers instruction based on the IEP goals.
- Meets and plans with the clinical team, which may include an OT, SLP and/or BCBA in implementing strategies for IEP goals.
- Conduct student’s assessments which may include functional assessments, curriculum assessments, or state-wide assessments
- Modify materials for particular individuals and staff where appropriate, and seek additional professional consultation when needed.
- Provides community based instruction.
- Implement the Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Provides quarterly updated reports on student progress based on IEP goals.
- Keeps updated and accurate reports and data.
- Updates mastered target graphs on a weekly basis.
- Mentors paraprofessionals in the classroom and trains them in delivering instruction.
- Provides monthly evaluations for the paraprofessionals in the classroom.
- Plans and participate in special events in the classroom an in the community which include Trick or Treating, Thanksgiving luncheon, Winter Wonderland, Prom and Graduation.
- Assists students in personal care, which may include toileting and toilet training.
- Completes all necessary program reports and documentation required by Trinity Services, Inc.
- Maintains relationships with staff with parents/guardians.
- Provide daily report to parents.
- It is imperative that the Teachers maintain all relevant professional licenses/certifications, including any requirements for Continuing Education, and updates the supervisor of any changes in licensure status.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills
- Pays attention to detail, demonstrates strong writing ability, adheres to deadlines, and possesses a strong commitment to helping children with mental retardation and developmental disabilities
- Be able to lift over 40 pounds from floor to waist unassisted
- Be able to push and pull 75 pounds
- Be able to complete deep knee squats
- Be able to push wheelchairs up to 200 pounds
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Operate motor vehicles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
- Physical activities that could be used include: driving, balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, lifting, and repetitive motion.
- Special Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Must have a Learning Behavior Specialist License (LBS1)
- Holds a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with LBS1 Endorsement.
- Holds an earned degree in proper subject area from an accredited college or university.
Has experiences and qualifications as deemed necessary by the Board of Education.
- IL Teaching Certification (Required)
- Special Education Certification (Required)
Contact Information: Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter (include the position you are applying for, as well as personal email) and resume to Stephanie Woodward at email@example.com