Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
STRIDES PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR 4021R (Manhattan, IL)
LOCATION: Manhattan, IL
HOURS: Less than Part-Time, 7:00am-3:30pm, includes 1 weekend day (Sat) that is required.
Under general supervision of the STRIDES program Coordinator, provides instruction/training in horsemanship skills to individuals who are disabled. Adapts horses and lessons taught to appropriate skill and age levels. Consults with relevant professionals in developing exercises, games, etc, to include safety and skill level factors. Prepares necessary reports and program records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the STRIDES Director, instructs disabled children and adult riders enrolled at Trinity Services, Inc. to help alleviate the rider's physical handicap or disability through a prescribed riding program.
- Promotes through this prescribed riding program an improvement in the individual's muscle strength and relaxation, balance and coordination, and development of an improved spatial awareness, body image, and self-confidence.
- Participates and interacts with adults and children during the lessons.
- Assists in training individuals participating in the STRIDES program.
- Is responsible, as designated by the administrator, for the care of the horses and program equipment.
- Completes progress reports and other necessary forms or documents.
- Assists in choosing and training horses for the program as needed.
- Assists in training volunteers to work in the program.
- Seeks opportunities for self-improvement, reads relevant program materials, shares ideas and suggestions with Trinity colleagues.
- Is responsible for working with supervisor in the development of an Individual Plan of personal growth and development as directed.
- Serves as a liaison to other programs in the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- The physical activities for this position involve: balancing, fingering, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, pushing wheelchairs, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
CONTACT: Stephanie Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org