Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the organization, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Vocation Counselor (New Lenox, Lockport, Joliet, and Elwood, IL)
Job Title: Vocational Counselor
Location: Multiple locations in New Lenox, Lockport, Joliet, Elwood.
Schedule/Shift: 10:30-7 M-Th, 8:30-5 F
Salary Range: $28,000 for Bachelor’s, $30,000 for Master’s degree
- Supervises individuals working on a cleaning crew with a focus in skill development to work towards community employment. Oversees the cleaning of 4-5 buildings per week.
- Works independently to assess areas of growth for crew members
- Creates work schedules on a monthly basis and distributes them to the appropriate people
- Writes billing notes in a timely fashion to document services being completed and highlight regular progress.
- Engages in regular meetings with supervisor to discuss progress, concerns, and problem solving. Communicates with the crew member’s therapist when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an ability to interact with program participants in an effective and empathic manner that promotes a therapeutic relationship
- Works with the individual’s team to assist persons served in overcoming challenges created by their disabilities and to assist them in achieving recover from mental illness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, or related field.
- Must be able to complete as pass a drug screen
- Must pass a physical examination which include: balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, pushing wheelchairs and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Willingness to utilize behavioral interventions to assist persons in learning job related skills
- Able to interact effectively with staff and program participants and promote appropriate boundaries
- Able to execute policies, procedures, and regulations and when necessary explain them to program participants, family members, members of the community, and staff from other agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strongly self-motivated
- Creative problem-solver
- Adaptable in the moment
Contact: Email resume to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org