Be part of our team. Love what you do.
When you join the Trinity team, you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares. Through your work helping people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives, you will meet lifelong friends and experience ample opportunities for growth.
At Trinity, staff members receive recognition for outstanding work and discretionary effort, reinforcing the value of positive relationships throughout the agency, and are given room to exercise their talents and use them for the benefit of helping others. With ample opportunities to grow and flourish, join our team today! Apply for any of our open positions, below. For Independent Living Coach opportunities, click here.
Vocational Specialist (Bolingbrook, IL)
- Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Schedule/Shift: Part-time/temporary (school year schedule); M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. with some evenings
- Salary Range:$11/hour
- Description: The vocational specialist provides individualized support for students at the host business worksite rotation or competitive job which includes: job coaching, building natural supports, identifying job accommodations, assistive technology, etc. The vocational specialist communicates effectively with the Project SEARCH instructor, coordinator, other job coaches, employers, co-workers, family members, and school and agency personnel as it relates to the student being trained. Through coordination with departments, the vocational specialist carries out steps of the job coaching plan with students and other parties as appropriate in addition to working with consumers, employers, families, job placement specialists, agency personnel, affiliate school personnel and other appropriate parties to problem solve issues related to training and employment.
- Responsibilities: Adheres to and promotes standards of the host business and/or competitive work site in order to promote job productivity and efficiency. Submits and completes appropriate job coaching paperwork. Recognizes and acts on the legal responsibilities concerning the safety and welfare of the consumers. Demonstrates daily work assignment responsibilities: is accountable for all hours assigned, is punctual and regular in attendance, and attends appropriate training activities.
- Minimum Qualifications: Paraprofessional license or bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience preferably in social service, psychology or a related field is a plus. Computer skills including Word, Excel, email and Internet. A valid driver’s license is required. Maintain a current CPR and First Aid card with training provided through Trinity. The physical activities for this position involve: balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Contact Information: Jillian Newstat, (815) 485-6197, firstname.lastname@example.org