Health and well-being are essential elements of full and abundant living. That is why programs and amenities at Trinity Services that focus solely on promoting health and well-being are central to the services provided.
Trinity's Health and Well-being Programs focus on physical and mental health, positive social experiences, and innovative solutions to everyday problems.
Some specialty programs and amenities are described below.
For more information about any of these programs, contact Trinity Northwest Director Jennifer Hodges at 847-299-2200 or by email.
For people who receive residential services from Trinity, the Medical Clinic at Trinity Northwest provides high-quality, basic medical care. Located in Des Plaines, the clinic is open weekdays and provides services including:
- Annual physicals
- Minor injury or illness care
- Follow-up for a minor medical condition, an emergency room visit or a hospital discharge
- Referral to a specialist
- Routine immunizations
- Seasonal immunizations (such as a flu vaccine).
People who receive services from Trinity are encouraged to pursue activities they enjoy. Trinity Services' therapeutic recreation coordinator organizes a multitude of social gatherings in the Northwest and Western suburbs. Activities include bicycling; crafting; karaoke nights; movie and sporting event viewing parties; and more.
Situated on 40 acres of land in southwest Michigan, the Trinity Campground is a great location for people to enjoy the outdoors. The property provides many different opportunities to socialize and have fun, including:
- An in-ground heated pool
- A baseball diamond
- A large building called the Mess Hall where campers can eat, watch movies or play table games
- A large pole barn with a cement floor that allows people to play shuffle board, floor hockey, basketball, and indoor volleyball
- A campfire area for people to gather and relax at the end of the day.
Assistive technology can solve problems, big and small, that people face in their daily lives. Trinity Services' Technology Enhancing Capabilities (TEC) Team helps people experiment with assistive technology and discover both high- and low-tech devices that can suit their needs.